Bidvest Insurance shares their car safety checklist.
Car safety is an important aspect of owning a car. You need to stay on top of things like maintenance to ensure car safety. A car safety checklist can help you stay on top of important tasks and make sure your car is always safe to drive.
What is a car safety checklist?
A car safety checklist is a list of tasks that can help ensure your car is safe to drive. These tasks usually include checking various parts and systems of the car. A car safety checklist can help car owners stay on top of maintenance and identify any issues.
Bidvest Insurance’s car safety checklist
You need a car safety checklist to ensure your car is road-trip ready.
Tyres feeling deflated? You need to check your tyre pressure every two to four weeks. Always check your tyre pressure before a long road-trip.
How to check your tyre pressure:
- Visit your nearest garage.
- Ask an attendant to check your tyre pressure.
- Ensure your tyre pressure matches the recommended tyre pressure in your car’s manual.
- Adjust the pressure accordingly.
Your engine needs to be well oiled. You should always check your engine oil at least once a month and always before a long road-trip.
How to check your engine oil:
- Ensure your car is turned off.
- Open your bonnet and look for the oil dipstick (the handle says “engine oil”).
- Pull out the dipstick and wipe clean with disposable paper.
- Insert the dipstick all the way in. Then, pull the dipstick. back out to check the oil level.
- Your oil level should be between the L(low) and F(full).
- If your oil level is low, add more oil and then check again.
- Check your owner’s manual for the best oil for your car.
You need lights to drive at night. You should check your car lights at least once every six months.
How to check your car lights:
- Get someone to help you.
- Ask them to stand in front of your car to check all the front lights.
- Do the same for your back lights.
Without a good battery, your car won’t start. Always check your car battery at least once every six months.
How to check your car battery:
- Open your bonnet and locate your car battery.
- Remove the plastic covers on your battery terminals.
- Check the terminals for signs of corrosion.
- If your battery has corrosion, visit your nearest battery shop for an inspection.
How can a Motor Warranty help with car safety?
A Motor Warranty can help assist in keeping your car both safe and in good condition. A Motor Warranty protects you from mechanical and electrical breakdowns. A Motor Warranty from Bidvest Insurance gives you cover for various major components. A Motor Warranty helps you ensure your car safety.
A Mechanical Warranty from Bidvest Insurance covers major components including:
- Engine components.
- Steering mechanisms.
- Braking systems.
- Suspension systems.
- Fuel systems.
A Motor Warranty gives you added protection and peace of mind in case of breakdowns. Always follow a car safety checklist and invest in a Motor Warranty. A Motor Warranty helps you ensure that your car is always safe to drive. Get a Motor Warranty from Bidvest Insurance today.