Panic Alert saves the day
Who will get there first, when you need help? Panic Alert saves the day.
In South Africa, we have to accept the reality that crime is a part of life. Unfortunately, the likelihood that either you or someone close to you has been a victim of a crime is incredibly high. In this country, being vigilant is sometimes not enough. If you fall victim to a crime or you’re in need of urgent medical assistance, who is looking out for you?
More importantly, who will get there first?
You may think that everything is safe, but it doesn’t always work that way. Life is unpredictable, you never know what’s about to happen next, and that’s why you always need to be prepared.
Don’t panic: security or medical assistance at the push of a button
Security or medical assistance at the push of a button? Sounds too good to be true, right? Well, it’s not. The unpredictability of life means that you may find yourself a victim of a trigger incident. Luckily, Panic Alert from Bidvest Insurance is here to save the day!
What is a trigger incident for Panic Alert?
There are four main types of trigger incidents for which Panic Alert will cover you:
- Armed robbery
- Sexual assault
What is Panic Alert?
Panic Alert is designed to protect you in the event of a trigger incident. In the unfortunate circumstances that you fall victim to a mugging, an assault or an armed robbery, you’ll have an armed response unit or medical assistance available at the push of a panic button on your smartphone.
Your personal panic button, on the Panic Alert App is installed on your smartphone. Your Panic Alert panic button is linked to a control room that dispatches an armed rapid response vehicle to your location. Whether you’re out cycling, working late, feel unsafe, or you’re stuck on the side of the road, Panic Alert is there to protect you, wherever you are.
You can also alert emergency medical assistance if required. Once the personal panic button is pushed, our control room will contact you for any further information and check if emergency medical assistance is required.
What else does Panic Alert cover?
- Emergency medical assistance: Paramedics and ambulance services are at your disposal should you need them, 24/7.
- Mobile phone cover: We provide mobile phone cover up to the value of R4 000 should your mobile phone be stolen as a result of a triggered event.
- Portable electronics cover: Items like smart watches, tablets, earphones, and pods are covered up to the value of R5 000.
- Portable electronics excess cover: This cover is included should there be an excess payable on your underlying insurance claim/s.
- Bags cover: Your handbag, laptop bag, tog bag, and even your gym bag, are covered up to R1 000.
- Home key and remote cover: We also cover the replacement and reprogramming of your keys and remotes, for up to R1 000.
- Personal documents cover: We will cover you, for up to R500, should you lose your ID, driver’s licence card, passport, or other important personal documentation.
- Emergency courtesy transport: We provide R500 cover for a private taxi service to safely transport you home, should you be stuck somewhere.
- A panic button is available on the Panic Alert app to use anytime, anywhere, linked to over 2,000 emergency responders.
At any time, you could be the victim of a mugging, robbery or even an assault. Fortunately, Bidvest Insurance gives you the cover you need. We make sure that you are protected, anywhere and at any time. Wherever you are, you have a panic button in your pocket.
For more information about Panic Alert, click here.